Author Topic: SysML 1.4 Activity Diagram Frame and Object Node  (Read 320 times)

LFritzke

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
SysML 1.4 Activity Diagram Frame and Object Node
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:38:14 am »
I've been working with EA 13.5, SysML 1.4 Activity Diagrams, but there's a few things I can't figure out.

#1: How do you place an ObjectNode? I can get ObjectNodes from an Object flow between two activities, but I can't find another way to make them. Action pins aren't what I'm looking for, and the 'Object Node' tool makes an Object.

#2: How do you show the frame of the diagram (Not the frame of the Activity)? So, I can get the Diagram Frame that shows the border of the Activity, but is there a way to show the frame of the Diagram itself? This one may not be possible, but it's worth a shot if it exists.

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: SysML 1.4 Activity Diagram Frame and Object Node
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:30:36 pm »
Hi LFritzke,
First, your activity diagram should have actions but no activities on it.

To get an object node, just drag an „Object Note“ from the toolbox to your diagram.

Your activity diagram shall be located under your activity it belongs too.

To achieve that, select your activity in the browser and select Add/Composite Structure Diagram in the context menu.
This creates a new activity diagram under your activity. Unfortunately this is a UML activity diagram (having no frames).

To change that, select the diagram and choose Design/Diagram/Manage/Change Type… to change it to a SysML activity diagram. Now click into the diagram and select Show Diagram Frame.

Remark: To use existing activities, insert call behaviour action in your diagram.
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

LFritzke

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: SysML 1.4 Activity Diagram Frame and Object Node
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 11:41:43 pm »
About your comment on Activity Diagrams and Actions. Are you saying that Activity Diagrams shouldn't have activities on them, only actions? Should actions be the lowest level in an activity diagram hierarchy? Should sub-diagrams be CallBehaviors of Activities? Overall, is there a Correct/Incorrect way to make an Activity Diagram?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile