Author Topic: EA14: More archimate relationship errors ?  (Read 292 times)

matthew.james

• EA User
  • Am I supposed to say something here ... ?
    • View Profile
EA14: More archimate relationship errors ?
« on: July 10, 2018, 05:11:01 pm »
There have been a few posts about 'valid' Archimate relationships (as defined in the spec provided by the Open Group) not being allow when 'strict connector syntax' is turned on.  There are also some fixes in recent builds (according to the release notes for 1421, 1422).  However there seem to be more errors ...

(Note I am still on 1420, it is possible these have been corrected in subsequent builds but not noted in the release notes - installing Sparx upgrades is somewhat problematic due to locked down corporate desktop build so I will update but haven't yet)

I am getting validation errors with:
- Realization from (Application Component, Application Interface, Application Service, Application Collaboration) to Business Service
- Realization from (Buainess Actor, Business Collaboration) to Business Service

Can anyone confirm the same behaviour and / or convince me that they are actually invalid ?

Thanks

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Re: EA14: More archimate relationship errors ?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:23:18 am »
Can anyone confirm the same behaviour and / or convince me that they are actually invalid ?

They're all valid realisation relationships.

matthew.james

• EA User
  • Am I supposed to say something here ... ?
    • View Profile
Re: EA14: More archimate relationship errors ?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 08:44:31 am »
Thanks for the confirmation :-)

If anyone has the latest build (1422) and can confirm that these still fail validation in that build then I wil raise a formal bug report.
Otherwise I will test once I get that build installed myself