Author Topic: Forcing additional Fields in Query Builder searches  (Read 1395 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Forcing additional Fields in Query Builder searches
« on: September 06, 2018, 03:44:27 pm »
Is there any way to force the inclusion/exclusion of specific fields in the query result of the Model Search?
For example, a lot of our searches benefit from including the Version field in the output.  However, it's not there by default and we have to add it via the Field Chooser.

Must I throw away the Query Builder and do everything via direct SQL queries to get the specific fields and sort orders I need?

TIA,
Paolo
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 04:15:59 pm by Paolo F Cantoni »
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Forcing additional Fields in Query Builder searches
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:49:07 pm »
Must I throw away the Query Builder and do everything via direct SQL queries to get eth specific fields and sort orders I need?
Yes, why would you bother with the query builder if you can simply write the query in SQL  ;D
(or maybe that's just me  :P)

Geert

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: Forcing additional Fields in Query Builder searches
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:15:45 pm »
Must I throw away the Query Builder and do everything via direct SQL queries to get the specific fields and sort orders I need?
Yes, why would you bother with the query builder if you can simply write the query in SQL  ;D
(or maybe that's just me  :P)

Geert
My users like the Query Builder and I was wondering if it was just not knowing where the functionality was hidden.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!