Author Topic: Stereotyped SysML blocks with Flow Properties and Ports  (Read 183 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Stereotyped SysML blocks with Flow Properties and Ports
« on: August 31, 2018, 05:37:14 pm »
Hi,
I created a stereotype on a SysML block to manage blocks that type my system's blocks ports (e.g. have them shown in a chosen colour).
When I create a port on a block, EA doesn't recognize the "port type" stereotyped blocks to set the port's type.

I checked the "port type" stereotyped blocks and they are SysML Blocks with the additional stereotype from my MDG.

I use SysML 1.4 and EA 13.5 build 1352.

Is there a solution to this?
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Re: Stereotyped SysML blocks with Flow Properties and Ports
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:25:34 pm »
Further to the previous post, it seems to be working when I only use stereotyped blocks (not standard ones).
In the UML profile, I found an interesting stereotype property : for a Block stereotype, I can set the matching stereotype when created as a part: Edit with Profile Helper > Instance Behaviour > Type = "..." (note: Mode is set to Property). In the IBD, running a sync structural elements creates the expected stereotyped parts but I'm getting issues with the parts' ports (port type not set properly, direction missing...)

Anyone managed to get a UML profile definition working from the BDD to the IBD incl ports, parts, parts' ports, etc (or known issues)?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 09:03:19 pm by Guillaume »
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com