Author Topic: MDG Office Excel Import connectors : stereotype tagged values  (Read 177 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
MDG Office Excel Import connectors : stereotype tagged values
« on: September 12, 2018, 09:21:43 pm »
Hi,

I use the MDG Integration for Office to import elements and connectors. With a connector profile, I can create an association that is stereotyped with my UML profile e.g. MyProfile::CustomAssociation.
When I map the Excel columns with the stereotyped association tagged values, I get tagged values that are not linked with my stereotype.
-> when opening the connector Tags tab, I see the list of tagged valued with the header "Association" instead of "MyProfile::CustomAssociation"
I tried to set the mapping with my stereotype e.g. CustomAssociation::tag1 but it is ignored.

Is there a way to have connectors tagged values linked with my profile's stereotype? It works fine when I import stereotype elements.

Note: when mapping Excel columns to a stereotyped connector's tagged values, I found that empty cells lead to deleted tagged values so I have to set a "-" to keep all tagged values (seems like a bug)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:14:04 pm by Guillaume »
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Re: MDG Office Excel Import connectors : stereotype tagged values
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:58:43 pm »
I found a solution in updating the ea_guid first part to match a genuine stereotyped connector in t_connectortag for each tagged value via a script.

A bit cumbersome though...
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

mehmeteraymuslu

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: MDG Office Excel Import connectors : stereotype tagged values
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 12:27:20 am »
Could you share script? Soon I am going to automize relationships so it would be helpful if you could share script(s).  :)