Author Topic: Browse for diagram cannot select class, component and other diagrams!  (Read 2338 times)

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hello version 13.0.1310 on WIndows 10, I have a custom MGD loaded but I don't think it makes any difference.  Start/Search/Browse for diagram, View Diagram Types the drop down menu only llows me to filter interaction overview, sequence, communication and timing diagrams!  I have plenty of class, package, component diagrams etc. and they show in the broswe diagram window bus they canno be filtered via the drop down menu.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?   Thanks!

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Browse for diagram cannot select class, component and other diagrams!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 03:17:12 pm »
Still struggling with this...

Anyone has a fix?  Thanks

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 06:16:26 pm »
Honestly, when I read this the first time, I did not get what your issue is and skipped it. Has not changed.

q.

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 12:55:02 am »
Mr QWERTY Sir, on my machine Start - Search - Browse for diagram, a "Select a diagram" window opens, Visible Diagram Types: there's a drop down box With only options being <All>, InteractionOverview, Sequence, Communication and Timing.  So for example I cannot filter only a Class or Use Case Diagram -  they don't appear in the drop down box.  Any suggestions welcome because I have a bajillion diagrams and I need to search them quickly.  Thanks!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 02:52:05 am »
Makes things clearer. Yes, I have that same behavior. In V14 the option "Browse" appears even greyed out. I never have used that. So I'd bet it's just broken. Or it's one of those Sparxian universe functions that don't made it into my world. If nobody else jumps in: report a bug.

As sort of an alternative you can write your own search that spits out diagrams you want to see. Like
Code: [Select]
SELECT d.ea_guid As CLASSGUID, d.diagram_type As CLASSTYPE, d.Name
FROM t_diagram as d WHERE d.diagram_type like "Activity"

q.

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:27 pm »
Thanks that works much better and makes the buggy diagram browse thingy redundant.  Problem solved, thanks very much!

Makes things clearer. Yes, I have that same behavior. In V14 the option "Browse" appears even greyed out. I never have used that. So I'd bet it's just broken. Or it's one of those Sparxian universe functions that don't made it into my world. If nobody else jumps in: report a bug.

As sort of an alternative you can write your own search that spits out diagrams you want to see. Like
Code: [Select]
SELECT d.ea_guid As CLASSGUID, d.diagram_type As CLASSTYPE, d.Name
FROM t_diagram as d WHERE d.diagram_type like "Activity"

q.