Author Topic: Not printable <> not publishable  (Read 2156 times)

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Not printable <> not publishable
« on: October 19, 2018, 08:48:21 am »
What's the design thinking behind something that has selectable and printable deselected being picked up by save to [file|clipboard]?  Printing is just a type of publishing.  Why is it treated differently than publishing the image to a file or to the clip board?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Not printable <> not publishable
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 09:53:40 am »
Design principles in EA. That's in interesting thought.

However, V12 respects "Printable". So you're probably talking about the buggy V14?

q.

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:57:51 am »
However, V12 respects "Printable". So you're probably talking about the buggy V14?

I'm on 13.5.1351.  The only way I manged to get EA installed was to get local admin rights for a day.  I can't do that for every new release.  :-)

De-selecting printable stops it printing.  I just don't want it "printing" to the clipboard either.  There's quite a few elements that I want on a diagram that I don't want making it into a picture that goes into a document.  At the moment I have to do a lot of manual selecting and cut and pasting.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 06:12:07 pm »
I see. I guess the answer is my first sarcastic reply. V12 does also not respect it on the clipboard. Well, well, well. I'm out since discussing those things with Sparxians is as fruitful as doing it with logs, why "Enable Security" is not a good menu name for actually disabling security and other such things. Good luck.

q.