Author Topic: Value/Attribute inheritance? (SysML)  (Read 2401 times)

jstepanauskas

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Value/Attribute inheritance? (SysML)
« on: February 28, 2019, 03:46:07 am »
Hi All,

I want to be able to achieve the following:

Have blocks in my block definition diagrams inherit information from their parent (generalized) blocks. For example if i have a block for a specific motor, and all motors from that product line have the same connector type, I would like to specify the connector type in a parent block (motor product line) and have a child block (specific motor) inherit that information. Then when I instantiate that specific motor I would like to somehow have this inherited information display on the part property in the internal block diagram.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,
J

Pegasus

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Value/Attribute inheritance? (SysML)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 06:45:31 pm »
Hi jstephanauskas,

I believe you only need to inherit from your parent block. select your inherited block an starting with EA 14 in "Feature & Properties" window the tab "Parts/Properties" the inherited parts and properties ar displayed. Where the part/property belongs to, you will see in column "Owner". Selecting checkbox at the beginning of name reuslts in displaying part in the inherited block. if not exists, this action generates the (part)property to the inherited block too. Same works for ports. For this kind of elements see the tab "Interaction Poins".