Author Topic: How to link documents with Sparx EA?  (Read 5189 times)

DavidKennedy

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to link documents with Sparx EA?
« on: September 22, 2021, 04:30:25 pm »
How To Choose The Right Thread

Whenever anything happens to your sewing machine, the first thing you should do is to re-thread it. If re-threading doesn’t work, think about changing the needle. In case both solutions solve nothing whatsoever, the problem might lie with the thread. Are you using good-quality varieties?

In sewing, you can save money on anything but not the thread. You get what you pay for. The type of thread sold at the price of one dollar for 5 spools is not exactly the best choice for your sewing machine.
Note that even when you are using the best sewing machine for beginners, it doesn't mean that the machine can work with all types of threads. Here I will explain further:

Sewing machine performance depends on the quality of thread you use

If you have been sewing for some time now, you should have known well the way thread must travel to reach the needle. All of these thread guides and tension discs are to maintain a stable tension throughout a certain period of time.

How to choose the right thread for a sewing machine

In older models, you can easily see the tension discs. However, in newer ones, they are hidden inside the machine body. This improvement is for protecting the discs from dust and other damages, but it doesn’t allow you to see how the discs are doing anymore.

The poor-quality thread can slowly damage the tension discs without you knowing it, especially if you use the new models I talk about above.

If these discs are not in their best state, it can cause all kinds of problems, skipped stitches or uneven top and bottom stitches for example.

Thread quality

When I first had a sewing machine, it ran so well but I made a mistake. I went for the budget thread. It didn’t turn out well for my machine. If you want to know what type of machine I used, I found it in this article about the best first sewing machine to know which type of sewing machine beginners should buy.

Here is what I found out after viewing every type of thread I had at home:

Most Loose and Stray Fibers

-Excell 100% Polyester: This is one of the one dollars for 5 spools varieties I mentioned above. It is made up of loose fibers and looks hairy. These fibers can get stuck into anything on its way to the needle and cause you trouble.

-Lucky Strike 100% Cotton Thread: another loosely wound thread, countless stray fibers.

-Coats And Clark Dual Duty - All Purpose Thread: This one also has countless loose fibers that can weaken the tension discs.

-Trusew 100% Spun Polyester: This one has even more stray fibers. No wonder I can buy it at such a cheap price.

-Talon Superlock 100% Spun Polyester: Although it has fewer stray fibers, these still can cause knots in the tension discs.

Sewing machine bobbin threads

Fewer Loose and Stray Fibers

-Mettler's Silk Finish 100% mercerized cotton: Fewer loose fibers than any of the varieties in the loosest and stray fibers.

-Coats And Clark 100% cotton thread: A tightly-wound thread that looks almost completely smooth.

-Guttermann 100% polyester thread: I paid more for this brand so I get what I pay for, fewer loose fibers.

-Mettler Metrosene Plus 100% Polyester: I can hardly find any stray fibers on this thread.

-Molnlycke 100% Polyester Thread: This one has a “Better Quality” sticker on and has far fewer loose fibers than other polyester threads.

All of these threads are tested by me with one of my best rated sewing machines for beginners. If you are curious about it, read this article Best Rated Sewing Machines For Beginners to Buy .

I hope that I have made clear the difference between an inexpensive thread and one with a higher price. Investing in a good quality thread is worthwhile to maintain the performance of your sewing machine.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 07:17:19 pm by DavidKennedy »

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: How to link documents with Sparx EA?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 04:46:34 pm »
Hi,
what do you mean? Wat are your documents? Is that something like a word or a pdf file.
If so, do you what to link to the document as a whole or to content within the document?
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: How to link documents with Sparx EA?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 05:10:09 pm »
If you drop a file from the windows explorer onto an EA diagram, you will get a number of options.

Geert