Author Topic: Extending the PackingComponent  (Read 2371 times)

Modesto Vega

• EA User
    • View Profile
Extending the PackingComponent
« on: April 02, 2021, 05:37:13 am »
I am trying to extend the PackagingComponent in an MDG and I am encountering one of two problems:
  • If I add the PackingComponent metaclass and extend it with a stereotype - for example, A_Stereotype - when I try to use A_Sterotype in a diagram I get the following error message: "Missing base type: 'A_Stereotype' does not extend 'UML::Component'.
  • I though I could fix this by having the A_Stereotype extend both the Component and PackagingComponent element. Although the error goes away when doing this, only the component gets created but the "package" aspect of the component does not get created.
What am I missing? Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Extending the PackingComponent
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 07:15:03 pm »
A Packaging Component is not a component but a package - with NType set to 20. That's what Paolo would call schemozzle.

There might be some dirty trick to use it with MDG. Ask Dr. Sparx or your local pharmacist.

q.

Modesto Vega

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 11:15:42 pm »
A Packaging Component is not a component but a package - with NType set to 20. That's what Paolo would call schemozzle.

There might be some dirty trick to use it with MDG. Ask Dr. Sparx or your local pharmacist.

q.
I am aware of the slightly disturbed nature of Packaging Component.

The problem is that Dr. Sparx does not tell me how to extend it and my pharmacist knows nothing about it.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 11:54:55 pm »
It's probably because it's a Sparxian chimera unknown to UML. You probably are in that 5% area Geert mentioned to be NOT in those helpers. Send a support mail to Dr. Sparx and hope the best.

q.

Modesto Vega

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 07:29:55 pm »
Dr. Sparx fixes things. After upgrading to version 15.2.1559 the problems extending the PackagingComponent go away without any changes to the MDG.