Author Topic: How model an central system with published interface and attributs and its users  (Read 2485 times)

steen.jensen

• EA User
    • View Profile
We have an Central Directory (organizations & users) where consuming systems use diffrent attributes.
Today its documented in an "Huge" Excel" with Interface & attributes as Y-axel and Consuming system as X-Axel and CRUD function in resp cell.

I have imported parts of this excel into Sparx EA
- Interface & Attributes as UML Class object and its published attributes
- Consuming Systems is already in the Repository as Archimate ApplicationComponents
- Was trying a Matrix for the relations, but the Attributes in each class was not selectble in the Matrix, only Class & Consuming Systems objects..... :(

But the hurdle is: How to model the Consuming system and the attributes that is used for each relation.

The model must be simple to handle for changes & updates in the feature  8)

Modesto Vega

• EA User
    • View Profile
What are you trying to model? Internal data structures - i.e., the structure of data at rest? Interface data structures - i.e., the structure of data in transit? Both? Both plus how interface data structures are mapped to internal data structures?

What do you mean with "interface"? Out-of-the-box Sparx has the concept of Interface and Exposed Interface. An interface may have multiple operations that may take different data structures as parameters or may return different data structures.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Have you considered using Parts instead of Attributes? They both represent the same concept (UML::Property), but Parts are model elements so can appear in the Relationship Matrix as a source or target.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com