Author Topic: MDG stereotype: change drop as instance to drop as link  (Read 1753 times)

Guillaume

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
MDG stereotype: change drop as instance to drop as link
« on: January 25, 2022, 08:09:39 pm »
Hi,

I have class stereotypes defined within an MDG. When I drag/drop an existing stereotyped class on a diagram, EA prompts by default to drop it as an Instance (Object) . Is there a way within the MDG to change the default selection to Link ?
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: MDG stereotype: change drop as instance to drop as link
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 08:21:47 pm »
Wasn't there some "Keep this...." check box? (I seem to remember it did not work the way I expected it, though.)

q.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:45:14 pm by qwerty »

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 08:57:02 pm »
Hi,

I have class stereotypes defined within an MDG. When I drag/drop an existing stereotyped class on a diagram, EA prompts by default to drop it as an Instance (Object) . Is there a way within the MDG to change the default selection to Link ?
Hi Guillaume,
Do you mean when you drag an item off the browser you get prompted?

Then as qwerty says there's a checkbox on the appropriate "Paste XXXX" dialog which you can usually open by holding the [Ctrl] key as you drag.  There you can set the default and the action of the [Ctrl] key.

HTH,
Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Guillaume

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 10:39:01 pm »
Hi,

There's indeed a "Remember selection" checkbox that works if enabled so next time the user repeats the drag/drop, Drop as Link is suggested instead of Instance.
Users would rather keep this popup so the option "only show is ctrl pressed" remains unchecked.

It'll do the job but I was initially wondering if the default option of Instance could be changed in the MDG for a stereotyped class to Link.

Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com