Author Topic: HTML Publishing in EA v 16 RC 64bit  (Read 1820 times)

philchudley

• EA User
  • UML/EA Principal Consultant / Trainer
    • View Profile
HTML Publishing in EA v 16 RC 64bit
« on: April 06, 2022, 09:40:59 pm »
I have just tried Publish to HTML in EA v 16 RC 64 bit, and it appears to work in all browsers and has a new "look and feel" with no Browser tree.

BUT, despite setting a Model default diagram, and setting this upon HTML generation, NO diagram is displayed when loading index.htm

This is also true when the other diagram settings (current, select other diagram) are selected.

Just behaves as if No diagram was selected.

Most annoying!
follow me on Twitter

@SparxEAGuru

blaisephilip

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: HTML Publishing in EA v 16 RC 64bit
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 01:08:36 am »
Opening the exported HTML can be quite problematic.
I've written a small powershell script to enable this for non-technical stakeholders that need to access content after architecture workshops. Keeping the exported content in sync with OneDrive is easy & primitive, but it works. The script is dropped next to the index.html and shall be called by the users to start a browser session that is capable to display all content. This works well with EA 15.2 and 16 RC so far.

Code: [Select]
$cmd_arg = "start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge --allow-file-access-from-files --profile-directory=Default "
$scriptPath = split-path -parent $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Definition
cd $scriptpath
$filename = (Convert-Path -path $scriptpath).Replace('\','/')
$filename = $filename + "/index.htm"
echo $filename
$uri = [uri]::EscapeDataString($filename)
$cmd_arg = $cmd_arg + $uri
& cmd.exe /c  $cmd_arg
exit

(Some hints on the web tell that a user only needs to pass the following arguments to the start of the browser: "--allow-file-access-from-files --profile-directory=Default"
... however, in some user environments the args alone fail to work, that's the reason of scripting ...)

philchudley

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 12:25:09 am »
Many thanks for your reply but I think there is a little miss-understanding of the issue.

The HTML loads in Edge, Chrome, etc just fine in EA v16 64 bit, (it does not load in EA v 15.2), the problem is that if a diagram has been selected in HTML generation dialog, then that diagram should be displayed when the HTML is loaded in the Browser. But no diagram is shown, the rest of the HTML displays just fine.

It appears that EA v 16 RC 64 bit always generates the same index.htm page completely ignoring the diagram settings on the HTML generation dialog.

Thanks for the powershell script, most useful

Phil
follow me on Twitter

@SparxEAGuru

blaisephilip

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 12:49:00 am »
You're right, the Default Diagram (Current / Other / None) is practically ignored, and a simple welcome section is added in index.htm.
Code: [Select]
<td class="contentcell">
<div class="welcome_message">
<h2>Welcome to your model</h2>
<p>To get started navigate through the model via the index on the left</p>
</div>
</td>

I've updated my script so I get to the proper default page (EA1.htm) instead of index.htm.
$filename = $filename + "/EARoot/EA1.htm"

I don't think that EA development should change the Default Diagram feature for the official release, content integration is already used to Default Diagram.

wivel

• EA User
  • Driven by Models
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 01:14:46 am »
It appears that EA v 16 RC 64 bit always generates the same index.htm page completely ignoring the diagram settings on the HTML generation dialog.
Yep. the diagram options are completely ignored. Have you reported it as a bug?

Also, when you navigate through diagrams, using the browsers back arrow will take you back to the previous diagram. Using the breadcrumbs, it will navigate back to the package containing the diagram, without showing it. Perhaps as designed, but not what I would expect.

Henrik

philchudley

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 01:43:44 am »
Thanks for the comments and feedback, as my experience has been confirmed I will send off a formal bug report.

Phil
follow me on Twitter

@SparxEAGuru

Sunshine

• EA Practitioner
  • Its the results that count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 09:47:20 am »
Thats not good. The more I see and hear about V16 the less I want to upgrade. Considering Sparxs took much longer to release this version I was expecting better than what they've been delivered.
Happy to help
:)

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 08:01:52 am »
From what I can see, this was not reported to Sparx Systems.

It was just missed by us here.

I would appreciate if someone could send in a bug report so I can follow our processes properly, but in the mean time I've asked the relevant developer to have a look at it.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com