Author Topic: Reverse Engineering Questions  (Read 491 times)

ilan88

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Reverse Engineering Questions
« on: June 07, 2022, 04:55:31 pm »
Hello,
I have successfully reverse engineered UML class diagrams for each folder in my project, and I have some follow-up questions:

1. Is it possible to reverse engineer package diagrams from code?
2. Is it possible to link reversed package diagrams to reversed class diagrams? So I can click a package and go to the related class diagram.
3. Is it possible to *automatically* display related classes from other folders / packages in reversed class diagrams? 
    -  For instance, if I have class X from package A, and class Y from package B, where Y is derived from X, is it possible to:
       *  Display class Y is the class diagram of package A as a derived class of X
       * Display X in class diagram of package B as parent class of Y

Thanks!

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Reverse Engineering Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 05:56:54 pm »
Hello,
I have successfully reverse engineered UML class diagrams for each folder in my project, and I have some follow-up questions:

1. Is it possible to reverse engineer package diagrams from code?
No
2. Is it possible to link reversed package diagrams to reversed class diagrams? So I can click a package and go to the related class diagram.
If you create your diagram in your package, it will automatically be linked.
If you want another diagram to open, you can right click on a package in a diagram, and choose New Child Diagram | Select Composite Diagram
3. Is it possible to *automatically* display related classes from other folders / packages in reversed class diagrams? 
    -  For instance, if I have class X from package A, and class Y from package B, where Y is derived from X, is it possible to:
       *  Display class Y is the class diagram of package A as a derived class of X
       * Display X in class diagram of package B as parent class of Y

Thanks!
You could make a script that adds related classes to diagram.
There is standard function available, but the context menu option Insert Related Elements does help a lot when doing it manually

Geert