Author Topic: Document Report with Checklists and Requirements  (Read 341 times)

Aleator

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Document Report with Checklists and Requirements
« on: September 30, 2022, 06:11:25 pm »
Hi everyone

I'm currently working on a requirement report which states all the properties of a requirement. Additionally I want to add the respective checklist with all the required steps to fulfill the requirement. The requirement is generated properly. Unfortunately I'm unable to print the added checklist of the requirement in a readable manner. I'm using UML:Extended Requirement and the EAREQ:RequirementsChecklist Elements and related them using a "dependency".

Is there a way to "print" the checklist together with the requirement using the sparx EA report builder? E.g First the requirement in a table and below a checklist with its items.

An second way I tried to extract the checklist items is the direct SQL Query and a custom field within the report builder. If the query is used the checklist items are displayed as the html code as they're represented in the "Notes" of the t_objectproperties, which is normal since I'm reading out the Notes field. Is there any other way to get the checklist items and to display them in an apropriate manner?

I'm very thankful for any suggestions.
See you
Aleator

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Document Report with Checklists and Requirements
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 08:46:34 pm »
You can do two things

- use as SQL fragment with some fancy SQL to filter out the different fields from the xml in the notes.
- use a script fragment to parse the xml in the notes.

Geert