Author Topic: StereotypeEx (for Attributes and Methods)  (Read 2984 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
StereotypeEx (for Attributes and Methods)
« on: August 15, 2005, 08:51:13 pm »
StereotypeEx is described in the Element automation help as: Read/Write. Returns all the applied stereotypes of the element in a comma-separated list .  Unfortunately, this is NOT true as it is always empty. ???  
To get the list of stereotypes you need: GetStereotypeList (), described (interestingly) as: Returns a comma-separated list of stereotypes allied to this element.

Has anybody used StereotypeEx to set the additional Stereotypes (I'm not yet doing so - since my current focus is on emitting the model, not modifying it).

The reason I'm asking is that although undocumented in the Help file,  Attributes and Methods also have StereotypeEx attributes.  Since you can't set these multiple attributes via the UI, I'm interested in setting and retrieving these via automation.

Perhaps a kind Sparxian will fill us in with the facts of the case?

Cheerz,
Paolo

Apparently, with this post, I'm deemed a GURU!  (500 posts...)  (It's amazing what a series of complaints and questions will get you...)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 08:53:00 pm by PaoloFCantoni »
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: StereotypeEx (for Attributes and Methods)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 09:32:52 pm »
Well, I've done a bit of testing on my own.  I can't get either Element.Stereotype or Element.StereotypeEx to set the stereotype programmatically. ???

Has anybody done it?  (I'm using C#)

Help!

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!