The WSDL transformation converts a simple model into an expanded model of a WSDL interface that is suitable for generation. For example:
Transformation of this generates the corresponding WSDL Component, Service, Port Type, Binding and Messages:
- Classes are handled in the same way as in the XSD Transformation
- All 'in' parameters are transformed into WSDL Message Parts in the Request message
- The return value and all 'out' and 'return' parameters are transformed into WSDL Message Parts in the Response message
- All methods where a value is returned are transformed into Request-Response operations, and all methods not returning a value are transformed into OneWay operations
- The transformation does not handle the generation of Solicit-Response and Notification methods or faults
In the resulting Package you can then fill out the specifics using the WSDL editing capabilities of Enterprise Architect, and finally generate the Package using the WSDL generation tools.