Lock Packages Under User/Group Locking
If, in User/Group locking mode, you want to lock or unlock the contents of a Package, you can do so in a single operation. You can set the lock on the entire contents (including child Packages), just on the top-level Package content, or just on the elements or diagrams in the Package.
Access Project Browser | Right-click on Package | Package Control | Lock Package
Lock or Unlock a Package
In the 'Lock Type' panel, select the appropriate radio button for the lock to apply:
If you have selected the 'Group lock' option, in the 'GroupID' field click on the drop-down arrow and select the group containing users that can edit the object.
The 'GroupID' drop-down list only includes groups which you are a member of.
|Assign User To Groups
The 'What to Process' checkboxes default to selected to also lock:
If you want to exclude any type of Package content from the change in lock status, deselect each appropriate checkbox.
Click on the to apply the lock.
- To check whether the project security is in User/Group locking mode, select 'Project | Security'; the 'Require User Lock to Edit' option should be deselected
- You must have 'Lock Elements' permission to lock a Package
- If the Package is already locked, only the corresponding lock option and the 'No lock' option are highlighted; you have to release the lock in order to set a different type of lock
- If you select the 'Full Lock, no-one may edit' option, a red exclamation mark displays against the Package in the Project Browser
- If you select the 'User Lock, locking user may still edit' or 'Group lock, locking group may still edit' options, a blue exclamation mark displays against the Package in the Project Browser; other users see a red exclamation mark