As an Add-In writer you can distribute keys to your Add-In via the Enterprise Architect Keystore, provided that your keys are added using a prefix that allows the system to identify the Add-In to which they belong. EA_GetSharedAddinName is called to determine what prefix the Add-In is using. If a matching key is found in the keystore the 'License Management' dialog will display the name returned by EA_AddinLicenseGetDescription to your users. Finally, when the user selects a key, that key will be passed to your Add-In to validate by calling EA_AddinLicenseValidate.
Function EA_GetSharedAddinName (Repository as EA.Repository) As String
Description: An EA.Repository object representing the currently open model. Poll its members to retrieve model data and user interface status information.
A String containing a product name code for the provided Add-In, such as MYADDIN. This will be shown in plain text in any keys added to the keystore.
Shared Add-In keys have the format:
- EASK - Constant string that identifies a shared key for an Enterprise Architect Add-In
- YOURCODE - The code you select and verify with us:
- Displayed to the administrator of the keystore
- Recommended length of 6-10 characters
- Contains ASCII characters 33-126, except for '-' (45)
- REALKEY - Encoding of the actual key or checksums
- Recommended length of 8-32 characters
- Contains ASCII characters 33-126
We recommend that you contact Sparx Systems directly with proposed values to ensure that you don't clash with any other Add-Ins.
For example, these keys would all be interpreted as belonging to an Add-In returning MYADDIN from this function: