Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
Set Diagram Properties
You can set several properties of a diagram using either the:
- 'Diagram Properties' dialog or the
- Diagram Properties window
This topic discusses the 'Diagram Properties' dialog. For information of the Diagram Properties window, see the Help topic Properties Window for Diagrams.
There are several options for opening the 'Diagram Properties' dialog for a given diagram:
- Double-click in the background of the open diagram
- Right-click on the background of the open diagram and select the 'Properties' option
- Select the 'Design > Diagram > Edit > Properties' ribbon option to open the 'Properties' dialog for the currently open diagram
In the 'Diagram Properties' dialog you can set properties including name, author and version information, zoom factor, paper size and layout, diagram notes and various appearance attributes. Some properties influence the display of the diagram and some are logical attributes that appear in the documentation.
- In the Corporate, Unified and Ultimate editions of Enterprise Architect, if security is enabled you must have 'Update Diagrams' permission to change diagram properties
- Using the 'Diagram - Gradients and Background' page of the 'Preferences' dialog, you can define the default diagram background color and color gradients for all your diagrams; these settings are also applied to any Diagram Theme you apply across your model