Toolbox Shortcut Menu
When you add elements and connectors to a diagram, you can do so using the 'Toolbox Shortcut' menu as an alternative to employing the full graphical Toolbox.
The menu resembles this example:
It provides options to add to the diagram:
- Multiple elements at once, of types appropriate to the diagram or selected Toolbox page
- Elements and connectors from Toolbox pages assigned to other diagram types (the 'Other' option)
- Elements and relationships specific to the current diagram type (in the example, the Database elements)
- Elements and relationships from any pages pinned in the Toolbox (in the example, the 'Use Case' and 'Class' options)
- Common elements and relationships
- Artifacts of any type
The advantage of using the shortcut menu is that it provides an increased amount of the workspace to be used for diagramming rather than displaying fixed (instead of pop-up) menus.
Use the Toolbox Shortcut Menu
Open a diagram.
Click on the diagram background and press the or or, using the mouse, hold the left button and click the right button.
The 'Toolbox Shortcut' menu displays.
If you want to:
|Diagram Toolbox Add Multiple Elements
Click on the element or connector to include in the diagram; the element is added to the diagram, or you can drag from one element to another to create the connector.
If you select the 'Other' context menu option, the 'Find Toolbox Item' dialog offers the 'Activate <Type> Toolbox' option; this opens and activates the corresponding page in the Toolbox.
- As with the Toolbox itself, if an MDG Technology:
- Is active
- Automatically pins Toolbox pages, and
- Duplicates UML or Extended pages
then the pinned Technology pages override and replace the pinned UML or Extended pages in the 'Toolbox Shortcut' menu