The Learning Center window provides quick access to a range of context-specific task guides in a number of specific work areas, such as Getting Started, Modeling or Testing. Through the 'breadcrumb' path at the top of the Learning Center view you display the short task guides, which describe how to achieve specific objectives in a work area. The guides contain links to Help topics and other useful sources of information.
To open a guide in the Learning Center, click on the task name in the drop-down lists in the 'breadcrumb' path. The document immediately displays in the view.
The Learning Center facilities can be extended to present separate hierarchies of topics on working with any MDG Technologies loaded with Enterprise Architect. Your Technology Developers would create and incorporate these additional sets of topics.
Start > Help > Libraries > Learning Center
Switch between work areas
Click on the black arrow to the right of 'Enterprise Architect' in the document path and select the required Enterprise Architect work area from the drop-down list. Click on the work area and select either a further division of the subject area or the title of a guide on that topic.
If you have additional sets of topics for in-house extensions of Enterprise Architect (Add-Ins and MDG Technologies), you can access them by clicking on the black arrow to the left of Enterprise Architect in the document path, and selecting the required product area from the drop-down list.
Switch between topics
In the 'breadcrumb' path, either:
- Click on the black arrow to the left of the current topic title and select a different topic, or
- Click on the large Right Arrow and Left Arrow icons at the start of the ribbon, to scroll through the topics within the work area in sequence (these arrows do not scroll out of the work area to the next or previous work area)
Set Default Topic
You can select the currently-displayed topic in the Learning Center View as the default topic. To do this, click on the first black arrow in the 'breadcrumb' path and select 'Set as Default Topic'. When a topic is set as default, it will automatically be shown when the Learning Center View is opened.
Add new Learning Center Libraries
You can download and install new Learning Center Libraries using the 'Download Libraries' dialog. This dialog can be invoked by:
- Clicking on the first black arrow in the 'breadcrumb' path and selecting the 'Manage Libraries' option, then clicking on the , or
- Selecting, on the ribbon, the 'Start > Help > Libraries > Download' option
Manage downloaded Libraries
You can enable or disable Learning Center Libraries (installed using the 'Download Libraries' dialog) using the 'Manage Libraries' dialog. Libraries disabled using this dialog will not be visible in the 'breadcrumb' path once the Learning Center View is restarted. The 'Manage Libraries' dialog can be invoked in these ways:
- Click on the first black arrow in the 'breadcrumb' path and select the 'Manage Libraries' option, or
- Ribbon: Start > Help > Libraries > Manage
- If an Add-In or MDG Technology loads its own Learning Center topics, when Enterprise Architect is shut down the Technology Learning Center topics are not retained and, in subsequent work sessions, must be reloaded; if the Technology is deactivated during a work session, its Learning Center topics are still available until Enterprise Architect is shut down