Pro Cloud Server Installation
The basic installation process is quite straightforward. Typically, you can simply download and run the installer on your server, then follow the prompts.
Download the Installer
The Pro Cloud Server installer can be downloaded from the 'Registered User' section of the Sparx Systems website.
If you already have the 'Sparx Systems WAN optimizer' or 'Sparx Systems Cloud Services' installed on your server we recommend you manually remove them before commencing the Pro Cloud Server Installation.
To install, follow these steps:
- Run the ssprocloudserver.msi installer.
- On the 'Welcome' page, click on the .
- Read the End User License Agreement, and accept the terms outlined in it, and click on the Next button.
- The 'Readme' information page contains the minimum system requirements, so make sure that the host server meets those outlined requirements, and then click on the Next button.
- The 'Custom Setup' page allows you to choose what components of the Pro Cloud Server are installed; for the simplest installation (that is, using the defaults), go straight to step 7.
- If you want to install specific components, for example, to have different components on separate machines, refer to the Pro Cloud Server Components table later in this topic, then return here to step 7.
- The 'Ready to Install' page is in the last step before the installation begins; when ready, click on the .
- The installation progress will be shown and, once finished, the wizard should state that the process has completed; click on the .
- Now refer to the Pro Cloud Server Configuration Help topic
To assist you in performing and understanding the installation process, watch the Sparx Systems webinar Setting Up Pro Cloud Server for Enterprise Architect. Click on this link to access the webinar.
Pro Cloud Server Components
The 'Custom Setup' page lists the various components that are available in the installer. Each component can be controlled separately by clicking the small disk image in front of the component name and selecting the option you require.
Pro Cloud Server service
This component is the Windows service that will accept connections from Enterprise Architect, the configuration client, and the OSLC RESTful API. For Pro Cloud Server, this includes the Sparx Systems Floating License Server. The default option is to install this component.
Generally, the only time you would choose not to install this component is when you have already installed it on one machine and are now installing other components on a different machine.
When the Management Client component is selected the Pro Cloud Server Configuration Client application will be installed, which supports the execution of management tasks including:
The default option is to install this component; Sparx Systems recommends that the Configuration Client should be installed whenever the Pro Cloud Server service is installed.
The default option is to install this component; you can unselect this component if you do not plan to use the Web Based Configuration Client.
The default option is to install this component; you can unselect this component if you do not plan to use WebEA.
Integration Plug-ins, or the Server Based Plug-in Interface (SBPI); this component installs the SBPI Server and all the SBPI Plug-ins that allow the Pro Cloud Server to read data from external products such as Dropbox, Jira and Azure DevOps. There is a separate SBPI Plug-in for each external product.
The default option is to install this component; you can unselect the component if you do not plan to link your Enterprise Architect models to external products.
Visibility Levels; this component installs a set of SQL scripts to be applied to any Enterprise Architect repository based on MS SQL Server 2016+ or Oracle.
The default option is to install this component; you can unselect the component if you do not plan to use the Visibility Level functionality.
An optional component providing integration with IIS.
The default option is to not install this component; however, if your server requires advanced authentication methods available through IIS then this component should be installed.
An optional component, that installs examples of Custom Integration Plug-ins. The default location for these files is within the 'SBPI Examples' folder. For example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sparx Systems\Pro Cloud Server\SBPI Examples
See the Writing a Custom Integration Plugin topic for more information.
The default option is to not install this component; if you plan to create Custom Integration Plug-ins then we recommend installing these examples.