Author Topic: Missing horizontal scroll bar in EA v12  (Read 5755 times)

ducatiross

• EA User
    • View Profile
Missing horizontal scroll bar in EA v12
« on: February 14, 2015, 12:55:05 am »
Trying v12 quickly and noticed that the Package Browser has lost the horizontal scroll bar. Therefore, when browsing a model that has long element names, the names are cut off and you can't scroll left or right to see them.

Have I missed a setting somewhere that would resolve this ?

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Missing horizontal scroll bar in EA v12
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:50:54 am »
Change your visual style to one that uses the default windows scrollbars.

In the other themes it has an automatic horizontal scroll.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

ducatiross

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 01:06:01 am »
Great, thanks Simon. Setting the style to Office XP or  a couple of the other older styles brough the Project Browser horizontal scrollbar back.

stevesavage

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 12:56:58 am »
Is there anyway to turn off the "auto left/right scroll" when you hover over text in the project browser?

When I'm moving elements around I find it more than a little distracting when the project browser content is shifting left to right as I pass my mouse over the entries.

This "feature" seems to exist for all visual styles (I'm currently using the Office XP style so I have the scroll bar)

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 01:14:39 am »
Don't we all like those features that programmers invent without having been asked to implement it?  >:(

q.

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:34:35 am »
Is there anyway to turn off the "auto left/right scroll" when you hover over text in the project browser?
No.

Don't we all like those features that programmers invent without having been asked to implement it?  >:(
I don't know who invented that feature. Someone at Microsoft I assume. But yes, the feature was turned on here by the request of management.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:22:33 am »
Then pass on that sticky note to the management. Cool feature invented by Microsoft. That  MUST be great. Why ask users? Our product would work much better without them :P

q.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 05:58:59 pm »
Then pass on that sticky note to the management. Cool feature invented by Microsoft. That  MUST be great. Why ask users? Our product would work much better without them :P

q.
I must admit that the auto-scroll takes some time to get used to, but it's starting to grow on me.
I'm pretty sure I'll end up even liking it.

Geert

stevesavage

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:03:07 am »
Playing with the Sparx EA 13 Beta.... is there an option to enable manual scrolling?

"The presence of a horizontal scroll bar is actually determined by the Visual Style, available from the menu View | Visual Styles. For example, if you switch to the Visual Studio 2010 style, a horizontal scroll bar is displayed in the Project Browser. There is also an update planned, which will restore manual scrolling in the Project Browser for visual styles that only use the standard Windows scroll bars, such as Visual Studio 2008."