Author Topic: EA 14.0: Find in Browser odd behaviour  (Read 1359 times)

Graham_Moir

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: EA 14.0: Find in Browser odd behaviour
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 11:54:09 pm »
It wouldn't be a new version if they didn't shuffle everything around would it :-X

Yes, every single time it creates a PITA for the users/customers.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 06:46:44 am »
This hide and seek started with V5 or so (when the advert-guys took over). Ever since then each version change brought some of those nuisances (more more than less). People complained each time. Sparx consistently (hear, hear!) ignored those calls. What a sad world.

q.

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 08:30:58 am »
when the advert-guys took over
Thank you for brightening my day. Every time I see a comment like this it makes me laugh.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 03:51:49 pm »
I don't know if you mean that ironically, but I remember well when the "new web site" was launched and things started to get worse. That's just my observation. It might well be that just the whole company went crazy (virus? aliens?) but Mad Men (never seen it, but catches my imagination the right way) was the most obvious explanation for what seemed to happen.

q.

Rich Anderson

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2018, 08:56:40 am »
It seems bizarre to me that "Find in All Diagrams" is not right next to "Locate in Current Diagram" the way it used to be.  Put it back!
Rich Anderson
Urgnt Limited

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2018, 09:35:50 am »
I don't know if you mean that ironically, but I remember well when the "new web site" was launched and things started to get worse. That's just my observation. It might well be that just the whole company went crazy (virus? aliens?) but Mad Men (never seen it, but catches my imagination the right way) was the most obvious explanation for what seemed to happen.

I think you need to take a holiday to Aussie and experience what its like.  The Sparxians are over 120km from the only spot of real culture in their entire state (and one of very few in the entire nation).  It's full of sheep, snakes, and poisonous spiders.  Where as a mad man will be wearing a fitted suit, driving a coupe, and drinking martinis, they're probably all in overly tight stubbies,  driving old utes, and drinking a beer than manages to be even worse than Grolsch.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 10:35:23 am »
It's full of sheep, snakes, and poisonous spiders.

We have never to my knowledge had a sheep in the office. We've had a couple of Redback spiders though, and one of the guys downstairs claims they saw a snake disappear into the skirting board near Roy's desk but I reckon it was more likely a Blue-tongue Lizard. You're right about the utes. I don't know what "tight stubbies" are but they sound like a 70s fashion so probably only found in Sydney.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com