Book a Demo

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - rfuchs

Pages: [1]
1
Email response from sparx systems:

Unfortunately the help document included with the current version of the DDS add-in is incorrect.  C# code generation is not currently supported for the OpenSplice DDS platform.

The correct statement in the help SHOULD read:

"The value of the Language Tagged Value defines the coding language to
generate: For RTI NDDS, there are four possible values - C, C++, Java and C#, for OSPLDDS, there are three possible values - C, C++ and Java."


Sorry for the confusion this has caused.

We have logged a feature request on your behalf for support of C# code generation for OpenSplice, but unfortunately cannot say at this time if/when this may be implemented.

Best regards,
 
Aaron Bell
Sparx Systems Pty Ltd
[email protected]
http://www.sparxsystems.com

2
Additional Information:


On page 29 of the MDGDDS manual, section 3.3.5 Application Target, there is a note that states: " Currently only the RTIDDS Transformation supports C# .   Then on page 41, under section 3.6.2 EA Transform, it is stated that:  The value of the Language Tagged Value defines the coding language to generate: For RTI NDDS, there are three possible values - C,
C++ and Java, for OSPLDDS, there are four possible values - C, C++, Java
and C#.

These statements contradict.  Which is correct?  If the first is correct, then when will C# be supported for OSPLDDS?

3
I have installed the trial version of the MDG technology DDS in EA version 9.2.921 (Corporate Edition) and have been able to successfully generate C++ and Java code from the test model I created.  However, when I added a ddsAppTarget in C# and tried to generate code, I get no output.  I am using OpenSplice DDS version 6.1.  Anyone have any suggestions on what to check to resolve this?  I have received no response from sparx support for almost a week on my request for help.

thanks

Pages: [1]