Book a Demo

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - gtsoftware

Pages: [1] 2
1
Suggestions and Requests / Re: Back to back FSM simulation
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:58:41 am »
v9.2 has really improved the simulation. Looks great. Thanks Sparx.

2
Suggestions and Requests / Re: Back to back FSM simulation
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:42:21 pm »
Yes I did but the GBP 864.67 + tax price tag ruled it out (plus it needs EA Ultimate at AU$699 vs my Corporate EA $239). EA is very good value, but there's no harm in suggesting improvements  :)

3
Suggestions and Requests / Back to back FSM simulation
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:14:32 pm »
What I'd really like is the ability to simulate a protocol, captured as state machines for the master and slave(s).

So, one state machine would emit a signal and that would be used as a trigger in the other state machine. Ideally being able to run through sequence charts to test particular scenarios too. This would be great for checking for design flaws and deadlocks.

Where the state machines are being developed by different sites, this ability would be great for explaining the expected behaviour, or (perhaps using the JavaScript to COM feature in EA) it could drive a real master or slave as part of behaviour validation.

4
Suggestions and Requests / Read/write DiagramObject Style please
« on: March 28, 2006, 05:20:28 pm »
I've seen other folks struggling with the DiagramObject Style and I fell over the write-only nature of the Style.

I find any write only properties unacceptable. I don't see any reason for these display settings to be write only, so please can they be readable too.

My application is for user changes in class colouring to be picked up by my VB app and remembered for the next time that exact same class is generated in a model. At the moment I don't have any workaround  :(

Colin

5
Suggestions and Requests / Strongly typed VB typelib please
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:55:18 am »
Hi,

I'm moving an application from driving Rational Rose to driving EA instead ( 6.1.788 ). Apart from the pleasure of using EA, I find that the object model often leaves me floundering in the land of untyped Objects which I then have to figure out the real type for. The various collections are the worst for that.

I'm sure I'll just get to learn what object to expect where but I'd still prefer strongly typed objects everywhere if possible.

Keep up the good work

6
General Board / Trace requirements to implementation code?
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:21:22 am »
With EA 12.0 is it possible to link requirements to the source code (C#) implementation?

After that, I'd like to link through to unit tests.

As you might guess, I eventually want to prove that all requirements have an implementation and associated tests.

I did find http://www.sparxsystems.com/downloads/whitepapers/test_management_enterprise_architect.pdf but I'm none the wiser after reading it.


7
General Board / Re: Using an image in a win32picture?
« on: November 16, 2011, 03:13:36 am »
Thanks, I hadn't looked for any old toolbox as I wanted to use the new shiny win32 items. The end effect was the same - by changing the properties I was moving the GUI element to an older variety that allowed an alternate image.

8
General Board / Re: Using an image in a win32picture?
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »
I'm not sure what a legacy screen artifact is (I searched the help for those words without success) but you set me on the course to find the answer - I changed the property from 'win32button' to just 'button' and 'win32picture' to 'label' which let me assign an alternate image and I'm happy.

Thanks

9
General Board / Using an image in a win32picture?
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:58 pm »
To describe a system's user interface, I would like to use camera photos to accurately show what LEDs, buttons and keys look like.

I've used a 'win32 user interface diagram' to get the layout right but is there a way to show an image (PNG, GIF etc.) for a win32picture or win32button?

I would use 'select alternate image' but it isn't available for those GUI elements.

(EA v9.1.910 Corporate)

10
General Board / State machine simulation - two FSMs ?
« on: November 01, 2011, 01:14:52 am »
Using EA v9.1 to simulate a state machine - is there a way to run two state machines back to back so I can test out a protocol?

i.e. one state machine is the server and another state machine is the client and I'd like to see if the protocol between them works (or has some deadlocks)

I think I could write a COM object and have two instances of EA running and putting javascript in the guards and actions to use the COM object to transfer events but I'm not sure even that would work (because the recipient state machine might have already decided nothing is happening).

It would be easier to link together a couple of state machines with some sequence charts. Is there a way to do that in EA?

(no, I can't afford something like am|use)

11
Bugs and Issues / Re: EA12 Find Orphans shows signals in diagrams
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:05 pm »
Hi Geert,

You're right. I did raise the same question as a bug report and EA have promptly replied that it is indeed working as expected. I'm told that the signal is a 'classifier' so the signal doesn't (itself) actually appear on the diagram, hence EA is working as expected.

I find that deleting the orphan signal still leaves the text on a message sequence chart but when I make other message sequence chats I can't just select the existing signal (because it has been deleted). My workaround is simply to add a diagram of signals so they're not orphan any more.

Thanks,
Colin

12
Bugs and Issues / Re: EA12 Find Orphans shows signals in diagrams
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:29:45 pm »
Hi Simon,

Thanks for confirming that it is an issue. Is reporting it here enough or should I raise it elsewhere with a sample model that demonstrates it?

Colin

13
Bugs and Issues / EA12 Find Orphans shows signals in diagrams
« on: March 25, 2015, 09:15:51 pm »
(EA 12.1.1207 Corporate on Windows 8.1)

I used 'Find in Project', Diagram Searches, Find Orphans and noticed a few signals that I know are used. I right clicked a signal and choseĀ 'Find in Diagrams'; it shows a messages sequence diagram using the signal.

Is this a bug or am I using Find Orphans incorrectly?

Cheers,
Colin

14
Automation Interface, Add-Ins and Tools / LayoutDiagramEx parameters
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:21:04 am »
I'd like to use the LayoutDiagramEx method to arrange classes in a diagram. Can someone point me in the direction of the values needed to use it?

I searched and found the deprecated version but not the values for the new version.

http://
http://www.sparxsystems.com.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Automation;action=display;num=1080638173;start=17#17


Thanks

15
I'm not sure what this will prove but using VB I can break in to the code and query in the immediate window, with the result that a new diagram has cx 800 and cy 1100 but a newly added diagram object has very much larger values that don't seem ordered.

Hitting F5 gets me a dialog with the page size as 210 by 297 millimetres (A4)

Code: [Select]

? m_currentDiagram.cy
1100
? m_currentDiagram.cx
800

? objDiag.left
4325433
? objDiag.right
4325425
? objDiag.top
2949218
? objDiag.bottom
3670061


I think I'm updating and refreshing everything in sight but it could still be something in that area. Generally though I think I'm using EA in a way that wasn't envisaged - namely just as a viewer of automatically generated class objects.

Pages: [1] 2