Author Topic: Using structured tagged value types in stereotypes  (Read 1703 times)

David Rains (bioform)

• EA User
    • View Profile
Using structured tagged value types in stereotypes
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:13:07 am »
I have defined a strucutred tagged value type using a predefined tagged value type (checklist). I can add it successfully to an existing element, but I can not seem to:

Add it to the definition of a custome stereotype (e.g. Add as a tagged value to the class... I can do that, but once the stereotype is exported as a profile it does not show up (either stereotype's attributes or as a tagged value).

I believe I was previously able to do this with no problem under earlier versions of EA?

Any ideas or similar experience?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Using structured tagged value types in stereot
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 09:36:02 pm »
I had the same issue and thought having it reported to Sparx - but can't find the report. I only can confirm that is does not work. But I never ever was able to get this to work at all. The only way was manual redefinition. I guess I gave up with this as it had lost my focus.

q.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Using structured tagged value types in stereot
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:27:29 pm »
In the profile, the stereotype class must have an attribute with the same name as the custom tagged value type. Then once you have saved your profile, you will need to generate an MDG Technology and include both your profile and the tagged value type definition.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com