Author Topic: SysML-Diagrams not movable as long as diagram frame is active  (Read 1218 times)

Pegasus

• EA User
    • View Profile
SysML-Diagrams are movable only if diagram frame isn't active, otherwise following message is displayed
"Diagram frame(s) are currently being displayed. Please disable them and save the diagram(s) before continuing".
This note is also displayed when diagram isn't open. Bug or Feature? If feature why?

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: SysML-Diagrams not movable as long as diagram frame is active
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 08:55:13 pm »
I'm not using SysML but I think I read this very question recently on this board.

q.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: SysML-Diagrams not movable as long as diagram frame is active
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 09:47:00 pm »
The idea was/is that the diagram frame represents the owner of the diagram.
So if you would be able to move the diagram to another location, the frame would be representing the wrong element to be it's owner. So I guess that is why they disabled moving the diagram.
So you can either move the owner, which will move the diagram with it, or otherwise disable the diagram frame.

I suggest you do the first. Diagrams such as StateMachine, Activity and Sequence should have an owner. In these cases the diagram shows the behavior of it's owner element. Diagrams such as that should not exist standalone.
If you agree with that then the diagram frame feature fits right into that.

Now if you don't agree with that, and you just want standalone diagram, then you shouldn't use the diagram frame feature. (of just use a diagram tool such as Visio instead of a modelling tool such as EA)

Geert