Author Topic: Issue with EXPORT HTML and new browsers version (edge, chrome, firefox 68+)  (Read 6458 times)

wivel

• EA User
  • Driven by Models
    • View Profile
Modern browsers do not allow opening the HTML generated in EA 15.2 or earlier. In EA 16.x the HTML generator and templates have been upgraded to overcome that.

Just for interest, do we know how this was achieved in EA 16.x ?
It seems to me that it was achieved changing both the generator in EA and the HTML Templates. I tried, for fun, to export the EA 16 templates and import them into EA 15.2 to see if it would work, and it didn't. I can see that there were several new macro options, e.g. the breadcrumbs that waste expanded by the generator and the navigation didn't work either.

Might be possible to tweak the EA 16 templates to work in EA 15.x but making changes to the HTML templates seems to be more of a black magic craft than a skill.

Henrik

wivel

• EA User
  • Driven by Models
    • View Profile
Modern browsers do not allow opening the HTML generated in EA 15.2 or earlier
... directly from the file system. They have no problem opening the HTML if it is served from a webserver (as Mother Nature intended)

Geert
On the other hand. I have used file based HTML exports in cases for sending a model or parts of it, out for review to people that didn't have EA indtalled.

Henrik

steen.jensen

• EA User
    • View Profile
When I change to use extension .aspx in HTML generation, the Javascript is working in both Teams & SharePoint :)

So now we can publish selected models to Teams & Sharepoint by copy the whole filestructure (i.ex c:\temp\ea) to a selected FileFolder in Teams and then connect an tab to a WebSite (The copied files in Teams url), so when a user klick on the Tab in Teams the Published EA Models aperar.

One other way is to create an OneDrive shortCut to the selected fileFolders in SharePoint and Publish your HTML från Sparx EA direct to this OneDrive ShortCut, the the model can be accessed from Both Teams & SharePoint using a Tab as above