Author Topic: Version 16 release date estimation?  (Read 1704 times)

AngeloHulshout

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Version 16 release date estimation?
« on: January 26, 2022, 10:00:50 am »
Since Sparx seems to be very unwilling to respond to e-mails about this, I'll try here: does anyone have an estimation/expectation on the release date of version 16.0? It's the release that contains a lot I've been waiting for a few years, so I'm 'mildly' interested in upgrading...
EA user since version 1.3

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Version 16 release date estimation?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 11:19:50 am »
Working as a mine sweeper? Very nice.

Since years now I lag behind new EA versions for good reasons. Hasn't been that way ever since but has grown to good custom now. And no: I have no idea. It comes when it comes. And maybe a year later I'll install that new version.

q.

Graham_Moir

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 03:09:01 am »
Since Sparx seems to be very unwilling to respond to e-mails about this, I'll try here: does anyone have an estimation/expectation on the release date of version 16.0? It's the release that contains a lot I've been waiting for a few years, so I'm 'mildly' interested in upgrading...

I don't disagree with qwerty, but if you want some sort of estimate you could look back over the posts in "Latest news" to see the elapsed time between the first build of a beta and when it gets finally gets released.  From what I can see version 16 is taking longer than most.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 04:00:08 am »
I'd guess a major reason is the change from M$Access to SQLite...

q.

AngeloHulshout

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 08:43:10 pm »
Working as a mine sweeper? Very nice.

Since years now I lag behind new EA versions for good reasons. Hasn't been that way ever since but has grown to good custom now. And no: I have no idea. It comes when it comes. And maybe a year later I'll install that new version.

q.

I understand the sentiment, but with this release there's too much that I've been waiting for to follow that approach. Either way, I've run two versions in parallel before, covers for most issues.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 08:45:04 pm by AngeloHulshout »
EA user since version 1.3