Author Topic: EA16 what's the setting for double click = open properties?  (Read 577 times)

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
EA16 what's the setting for double click = open properties?
« on: September 17, 2022, 12:37:00 pm »
In EA 13, when I double clicked on an object in a diagram or in the browser, the properties window would open.  In EA 16 the only way to open the properties window is to right click and use the context menu.  Is there a setting somewhere in EA16 to set double click as open properties?  I looked and could not find it.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: EA16 what's the setting for double click = open properties?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 04:58:33 pm »
I don't think you can, but Alt+Enter always opens the properties dialog.

The whole idea (I think) is to try not to use the modal dialogs, but use the docked windows instead.

Geert
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 06:52:02 pm by Geert Bellekens »

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 05:05:07 pm »
In EA 13, when I double-clicked on an object in a diagram or in the browser, the properties window would open.  In EA 16 the only way to open the properties window is to right-click and use the context menu.  Is there a setting somewhere in EA16 to set double-click as open properties?  I looked and could not find it.
Hi Richard,
What happens when you double-click?  I must admit, I haven't noticed any change in v16, but then almost all our vertices have attached diagrams, so double-click will open the diagram.  Don;t forget you can select the vertex and use [Alt+Enter] to open the properties window.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 05:58:55 pm »

The whole idea (I think) is to try not to use the model dialogs, but use the docked windows instead.

Geert
I always wondered why there where two similar / slightly different dialogs for the same purpose. Error by design. But fits flawlessly into EAUI. Pretty sure they will keep both forever.

q.

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 08:07:24 pm »

The whole idea (I think) is to try not to use the model dialogs, but use the docked windows instead.

Geert
I always wondered why there where two similar / slightly different dialogs for the same purpose. Error by design. But fits flawlessly into EAUI. Pretty sure they will keep both forever.

q.

On EA13 double click opened the properties dialog.  ON EA16 depending on context either nothing happens or (on the browser) the element is expanded to show its children (same as clicking on the expand triangle).  Neither is useful behaviour methinks

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 12:40:19 am »
If there is nothing underneath the element, it is selected in a diagram.

Geert