June 2020 Newsletter
Enterprise Architect 15.2 beta*
Announcing: Version 15.2 Beta 1 Released
Sparx Systems are proud to announce the release of Beta 1 of the next official (minor) version of Enterprise Architect. This important new version builds upon the features of Enterprise Architect 15 and 15.1, with streamlined and expanded core modeling features. We invite registered users to immediately download the beta and try out these exciting new features.
Version 15.2 both enhances and expands major aspects of the tool suite:
- In Model Collaboration features such as Chat, Review, Discuss, Notifications and processes under-pinning collaborative work through either a Cloud based or Repository based model. Major updates, improvements and enhancements.
- New UI windows and tools to better expose some of EA's most useful features, such as the Model Views, Traceability, Searching and Model Navigation. A new Collaboration window. Simple dashboard views, a new 'Inspector' window and much more.
- Pro Cloud Server 4.2 Released in conjunction with version 15.2, PCS 4.2 has numerous enhancements including updates to WebEA for Model Mail, Decision Tables, Properties editing and general look and feel. Also included is improved support for Active Directory and new Floating License Server options. Take a look at the full release page here: Pro Cloud Server 4.2 Beta 1
The Enterprise Architect Global Summit - 1-5 June
Explore latest trends and learn how to best use Enterprise Architect to solve real business problems. To attend a keynote on Enterprise Architect Version 15.2, and hear from the worlds leading experts on Enterprise Architect, register for your free ticket today.
Tom O'Reilly, COO of Sparx Systems, will be giving the keynote presentation on the new Beta and the features therein - check out times and dates at the official site.
Check out the Global Summit: https://www.eaglobalsummit.com
Enterprise Architect 15.2 Major Release Highlights
New ways to Work Together
- Seamless In-Model Collaboration. Chat / instant messaging capabilities are now expanded to allow one-on-one conversations.
- New Notification System. Quickly and easily see new chats or discussions that are relevant to you.
- New Collaborations Window. The new "go to" place to discover what is happening at the team level.
- Streamlined & Improved Reviews. A clearer, more intuitive interface for model based reviews.
- New Focus Window. Power up model navigation and move rapidly through the model.
Navigate the Model & Visualize your Design
- Explore and Visualize. All new tools for exploring your model, finding your work in progress and visualizing information.
- Deep Dive into an Element's Structure. New 'Inspector' Window supports model navigation and viewing element details at the same time. Offers integrated views of External Elements.
- Scriptable Dynamic Charts. New API classes and functions allow you to select chart types, set data and configure styling.
- Dynamic Dashboard Views. Automatic sorting and layout of chart and graph elements.
- Leverage the Google Icon Library. Access all of the graphics (icons and images) necessary to model Google Cloud Platform Architecture diagrams.
- Model Amazon Architectures. Leverage the complete Amazon AWS icon library in your models.
- New Ways to View DMN Rules. New Crosstab support for DMN Decision Tables.
Mathematical Tools and Precise Simulation
- Detailed support for OMG SysPhS. Define variables and constants within your model Blocks for consistent simulation in both MATLAB and Modelica.
- Mathematical Tools for Simulation. Empower precision modeling using simulation and plotting via MATLAB, Octave, Modelica and more.
- Leverage your Math Tooling. New Integrations and Solver classes. An expanded Math library, new Dynamic Charts and much more.
- Support for MATLAB Simulink for SysML. Translate a SysML model into the Simulink format.
- Support for MATLAB Simscape for Physical Systems. Translate SysML internal block diagrams into MATLAB's Simscape.
- Support for MATLAB Stateflow for State Machines. Guide your SysML simulations in Simulink with State Machines.
- Integrate with MATLAB. Connect via the MATLAB API to support simulations and other scripts based on MATLAB functions/expressions.
- Connect with GNU Octave's Advanced Math. Use the Octave 'solver' class to integrate with Octave.
- Expanded Modelica graphical support. View SysML diagrams exported as Modelica composition or schematic diagrams.
- New Dynamic Charts based on Simulation Results. Tightly bind charts to simulations to visualize aspects of your simulation's behavior.
- Instant Access to all the Simulation Script Code. New code editor capability supports the visualization of all the code and behavior scripts for all elements on a diagram.
Read more and download at the version 15.2 release page