RTF Documentation Generation
Rich Text Format Documentation
Rich text reports are documents produced by Enterprise Architect in Rich Text Format (RTF), a format common to many word processors. In particular it is targeted at Microsoft Word™, which provides the ability to link together a number of rich text documents into a single master document.
Click here to view RTF Generation for Legacy/Desktop Edition.
Typically you will create a Word master document, then some Enterprise Architect RTF reports. These are linked back into sub-sections of the master document and refreshed as required during project development. In this way the project document becomes an easy to manage and feature-rich work product.
By adding tables of contents, figure tables, header & footers and sections you can manage a complex document with relative ease. Simply update the Enterprise Architect RTF reports then refresh the links in MS Word.
Enterprise Architect v5.0 has introduced a new fully-featured RTF Document generator. Some of the features include:
- Powerful WYSIWYG RTF template editor support allowing:
- Headers and Footers
- Tabular Sections
- Nested Sections
- All model elements, connectors, diagrams and their properties
- Template import and export using XML
- Basic templates supplied for customization
- New document generator:
- Simplified options
- Generates complex documents based on new RTF templates
- New embedded RTF viewer
- View RTF documents generated in EA directly within EA