Software Architects can use Enterprise Architect to map functional requirements with use cases, perform real time modeling of objects using interaction diagrams, design the deployment model and detail the deliverable components using component diagrams.
Map functional requirements of the system
With Enterprise Architect the Software Architect can take the high level business processes that have been modelled by the Business Analyst and create detailed Use Cases. Use cases are used to describe the proposed functionality of a system and are only used to detail a single unit of discrete work.
Map objects in real time
The Software Architect can use Interaction Diagrams (Sequence and Communication Diagrams) to model the dynamic design of the system. Sequence Diagrams are used to detail the messages that are passed between objects and the lifetimes of the objects. Communication Diagrams are similar to Sequence Diagrams, but are used instead to display the way in which the object interacts with other objects.
Map deployment of objects
The Software Architect can use deployment diagrams to provide a static view of the run-time configuration of processing nodes and the components that run on the nodes. Deployment diagrams can be used to show the connections between hardware, software and any middleware that is used on a system.
Detail deliverable components
Using Component diagrams allows the Software Architect to model the physical aspects of a system. Components can be executables, libraries, data files or another physical resource that is part of a system. The component model can be developed from scratch from the class model or may be brought in from existing projects and from 3rd party vendors.
User Guide Section:
Map requirements, model objects, design deployment and detail delieverable components.
Visit User Guide
Introduction to Model Driven Architecture (MDA): Separating the abstract from the concrete.
Download PDF (380Kb)
Visual Execution Analyzer: A model driven approach in Enterprise Architect
Additional User Guide Information:
- Webinars: View Recorded Webinars or Register for upcoming sessions
- Demonstration Videos: Get up to speed fast with visual walk-throughs
- Tutorials: Technical overviews of UML and Enterprise Architect
- Case Studies: Read how Enterprise Architect has helped shape the world
- White Papers: An extensive repository of technical articles from Sparx Systems and Partners
- Enterprise Architect User Guide: Recently rebuilt with improved navigation and context search from Enterprise Architect
- Sparx Systems Forum: Post Questions, get tips and tricks from over 170,000 Registered Forum Members