Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
UPDM is the Unified Profile for the Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and Ministry of Defence Architecture Framework (MODAF). UPDM is an Object Management Group (OMG) initiative; the specification is available from the OMG website.
You can use the MDG Technology for UPDM to perform UPDM modeling within Enterprise Architect. The Technology provides:
- The UPDM Profile, which defines the stereotyped UML elements that are used for UPDM modeling
- Custom diagram types for each UPDM view
- Custom Diagram Toolbox pages for each UPDM diagram type, which give easy access to the elements used on diagrams of that type
- Options within the Model Wizard that can be used to import a template Package for each UPDM view and that provide a brief description of the view and what might be expected of the modeler
- Quicklinks for stereotyped elements that guide you towards creating correct relationships between elements
- Model Validation rules that you can apply to check your models for correctness
- Relationship Matrix profiles for showing the relationships between elements
- Model Views that help you navigate your model quickly to find specific diagram more easily
- A Glossary import, with items describing each UPDM stereotype for easy reference
- Tagged Values that you can use to enter metadata specific to UPDM elements
- An Example Model that illustrates a typical UPDM problem and its solution, implemented using Enterprise Architect