Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
Update to the Latest Revision of Selected Package
When you are part of a team working in a Distributed Model environment, you will want to periodically update your model with the changes that other team members have committed into Version Control. You can transfer the other users' updates from Version Control into the selected Package in the Project Browser.
Right-click on Package > Package Control > Get Latest
Update Package to latest revision
The local XMI file associated with the Package is updated to the latest revision from Version Control. The XMI file is imported into your model database, updating the Package in your model.
When working in a Private Model, if the system detects that the Package content in the model is already up to date with the latest revision of the Package file retrieved from Version Control, then the 'Import Package' dialog displays first. This dialog is not displayed for a Shared Model.
These options are available:
- 'Force Reload From XMI' - reload the Package from XMI regardless of whether it is up to date or not
- 'Accept current Package' - select to skip the process of re-importing the Package from XMI
- 'Refresh model view' - select to refresh the Project Browser and diagrams, by reloading the Package content from the project database
- 'Always use these settings' - when selected, if you subsequently check out a Package that is found to be up to date, the same settings are applied again without displaying the dialog
- The 'Get Latest' command is disabled for any Package that is checked-out (to anybody) in the currently loaded project
- When using a Shared Model environment, where all users are connected to a single model database, you should reload the Package from the database, rather than using the 'Get Latest' command
- If you have selected the 'Always use these settings' checkbox and you want to reconfigure the 'Import Package' dialog, press the whilst you select the 'Package Control | Get Latest' context menu option; the dialog displays and you can change the settings