Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
Deploy An MDG Technology
An MDG Technology can be deployed in one of two ways: as a .xml file or from an Add-In.
Deploy From a .xml File
To deploy your technology as a file, you have a number of choices:
- Import the technology .xml file into the %APPDATA%\Sparx Systems\EA\MDGTechnologies folder (for your personal use)
- Import the technology .xml file into the Resources window (for all project users to access)
- Copy the file to the MDGTechnologies folder under your Enterprise Architect installation directory (by default this is C:\Program Files\Sparx Systems\EA); when you restart Enterprise Architect, your MDG Technology is deployed
- Copy the file to any folder in your file system, including network drives - use the 'Specialize > Technologies > Manage' ribbon option, click on the and add the folder to the 'Technologies' path; this deployment method enables you to quickly and easily deploy a technology to all Enterprise Architect users on a LAN
- Upload the file to an internet or intranet location: use the 'Specialize > Technologies > Manage' ribbon option, click on the Advanced button and add the URL to the 'Technologies' path; this deployment method enables you to quickly and easily deploy a technology to an even wider group of Enterprise Architect users
Deploy From an Add-In
To deploy your Technology from an Add-In, you must write an EA_OnInitializeTechnologies function. This example is written in VB.Net:
Public Function EA_OnInitializeTechnologies(ByVal Repository As EA.Repository) As Object
EA_OnInitializeTechnologies = My.Resources.MyTechnology