The 'Element View' tab of the Project Gantt View lists the elements in the project that have resources assigned to them. It shows the resources assigned to each element as a list of allocation records and as a Gantt chart of the progress of the allocations. An allocation can be partial, in that a role or task is assigned but no specific resource has been identified.
The display initially shows the elements and their overall resource commitment; click on the 'plus-box' to the left of the name of the element to expand the entry to show the resources and the allocation period for each resource. You can then:
- Check the dates on which specific elements have resources currently allocated
- Check which resources are currently allocated to an element
- Assign further resources to the element
- Check the dates on which a resource is allocated to work on a specific element
- Check the general progress of the resource in completing the work
- Check the specific details of the allocation of a resource to an element and task or role
The display shows both complete allocations and those that are still in progress; an internal filter hides completed allocations two weeks after the end date.
The 'Element View' complements the 'Resource View' and 'Personal Tasks View' of work allocation on the project.
Construct > Resource Management > Gantt or
Design > Diagram > View As > Gantt View
Browser window | right-click on an open diagram | Switch View | Switch to Gantt View
In diagram, right-click on background | Switch View | Switch to Gantt View
Browser window | Right-click on Package | Open Package in | Gantt View