Decision Table simulation example
The Business Knowledge Model (BKM) described in this section is available from the Model Wizard ( ). In the 'Perspectives' field, select 'Requirements | Decision Modeling'.
To access the example used in the this section:
- Create a pattern for 'DMN Decision | A Complete Example'
- Navigate in the Browser window to 'A Complete Example | Business Knowledge Models | Eligibility rules'
- Double-click on the 'Eligibility rules' element to open the BKM in the DMN Expression window
When a Decision Table is created for a Business Knowledge Model, we can test this BKM by binding some values:
We can provide test values such as these:
Click on the Simulation button on the tool bar to obtain this result:
- The runtime parameter value will take the place of 'Allowed Values' in simulation mode
- Valid rule(s) are highlighted
- Since this Decision table's hit policy is P (Priority) the final result is determined by the order of 'output values'; since 'INELIGIBLE' and 'ELIGIBLE' are the output values and 'INELIGIBLE' comes ahead of 'ELIGIBLE', rule #3 will give the final result and this applicant is 'INELIGIBLE'.