Obtain Repository Connection String
A 'connection string' defines all the connection information that Enterprise Architect requires to open a repository.
Connection strings are typically only available from 'Manage Projects'.
- You can open the 'Manage Projects' dialog by:
- Pressing , or
- Clicking on > Open Project... or
- Selecting Start Page | New | Manage projects
- Find the repository in the 'Recent Projects' list. Note the 'Path' column will show the connection string; however, if it is too long for the screen it will be abbreviated and '...' shown.
- Right-click on the repository and select the 'Edit Connection String' context menu option. This will show the 'Connection String' dialog.
When the 'Connection String' dialog is first shown the complete text of the connection string will be automatically selected. Pressto copy it to the clipboard.
It is usually a good idea to include this connection string in communications with Sparx Systems as it provides useful information about how you connect to the model, which can help Sparx Systems understand your environment.