The docked Properties window provides a convenient and immediate way to view and edit the properties of a wide range of modeling objects and features such as diagrams, elements, connectors, attributes, operations, receptions, responsibilities, maintenance items, project items and tests. When you click on an object in the Browser window or a diagram, the Properties window immediately shows the object's properties, so you can swiftly display the properties of a sequence of objects of different types - element, then attribute, connector and diagram - on the same window without having to open and close separate dialogs.
Each iteration of the window shows the general properties, such as name, object type and status, and properties appropriate to the stereotype, technology, object type and project management. In many cases there is a series of additional tabs appropriate to the specific type of object displayed. You can select values from drop-down lists and work through short chains of property or parameter dialogs directly from the Properties window. Your work with modeling objects becomes quick, precise, comprehensive and convenient, through the use of a single area of your work space.
If you have enabled the Notes Translation facilities, and you are reviewing elements, connectors, attributes or operations, the Properties window has a 'Translation' tab containing two categories - 'Name' and 'Alias'. Each category has a field for each of the selected languages.
Simply click on each of these fields and type in the translation of the object's Name and/or Alias in the corresponding language. The languages are specified in the 'Manage Project Options' dialog for your model, by the model administrator.
If you are working with an external data source in a Cloud-connected model, you can view the details of an external data item on a variant of the Properties window, with an 'External' tab. See the External Item Details Help topic.
Start > Desktop > Design | Properties
Design > Element > Editors | Properties
- When you click on a field name, a brief summary of that field displays at the bottom of the Properties window, unless you have selected the 'Hide Properties Info Section' checkbox on the 'Window Behavior' page of the 'Preferences' dialog
- If you click on the field value for an editable field, either a drop-down arrow or a button displays that enables you to select or browse for a different value; one of the values offered might display a more advanced list or a dialog for adding new objects or selecting multiple objects, as the 'Stereotype' field does
- When you have made changes to the Properties window, click on the to apply those changes to the model
- The Properties window has a 'Hamburger' icon that, when you click on it, provides a number of options that are available when you are displaying the window for an element; it also has a icon that opens the appropriate 'Properties' dialog for editing the properties of the object or feature
- Window Behavior
- Apply Stereotypes
- Properties Window for Elements
- Properties Window for Diagrams
- Properties Window for Attributes
- Properties Window for Operations
- Properties Window for Test Items
- Properties Window for Maintenance Items
- Translations Page (Model Specific Options)
- Translation Facilities
- External Item Details