Executable States Panel
Executable StateMachines provide a powerful means of rapidly generating, executing and simulating complex State models. In contrast to dynamic simulation of State Charts using Enterprise Architect's Simulation engine, Executable StateMachines provide a complete language-specific implementation that can form the behavioral 'engine' for multiple software products on multiple platforms.
The 'Executable States' panel provides a number of facilities for working with Executable StateMachines. You can access facilities to configure Analyzer Scripts that determine how code is generated, compiled and executed for the Executable StateMachine. There are commands for you to generate, build and execute the code that runs the simulation, as well as a facility to view the generated code in the built-in code editor.
Click on the drop-down arrow to display a list of options for working with Executable StateMachine Artifacts to configure, generate and run code-based simulations.
- Generate, Build and Run - generate, build and run the current Executable StateMachine Artifact, according to the Analyzer Script configuration
- Generate - generate the current Executable StateMachine Artifact, according to the Analyzer Script configuration
- Build - build the current Executable StateMachine Artifact, according to the Analyzer Script configuration
- Run - start a simulation of the current Executable StateMachine Artifact, according to the Analyzer Script configuration
- Find Executable StateMachines - run a pre-defined search to locate all Executable Statemachine Artifacts in the model
- View Source - view the source code generated for the current Executable StateMachine Artifact
- Analyzer Scripts - display the 'Execution Analyzer' dialog, where you can configure Analyzer Script options for the current Executable StateMachine Artifact
- Apply Perspective - apply the Perspective for Executable StateMachines to your modeling environment; the Model Wizard displays, presenting the Executable StateMachine Patterns
- Apply Workspace - apply the Simulation Workspace, which opens all of the relevant windows (Execution Analyzer, Simulation, Simulation Events, Locals and Call Stack windows) for Executable State simulation, and arranges them around the screen for ease of use
- Help - display Help information about Executable StateMachines; this opens in your default web browser
Code Generation for Executable StateMachines
Executable StateMachine Artifact
Execution and Simulation of Executable StateMachines
Set Up Simulation Script