Synchronize Structural Elements - Internal Block
If you have already defined the Parts and Properties of a Block element, you can automatically display them on the element's child Internal Block diagram and/or Parametric diagram using a simple context-menu option on the child diagram.
On an existing Block Definition diagram, such as this one:
- Select the Block element.
- Right-click and select 'New Child Diagram | Internal Block Diagram' or 'Parametric Diagram'.
- On the new diagram, external to the diagram frame, right-click and select the 'Synchronize Structural Elements' option.
These elements are added to the Internal Block or Parametric diagram, as linked elements within the diagram frame:
- Each structural element (such as Ports and Parts) owned by the Block element
- Properties defined by existing Association connectors on the Block element
- Edge mounted Ports for any Ports defined in the Block