The Scenarios View can be displayed in a number of ways, such as directly through the 'Desktop' panel of the Start ribbon, or through the 'Scenarios' tab on either the element 'Properties' dialog or the Responsibilities window. It offers a wide range of facilities for generating and modifying scenario specifications, which you can use to quickly and easily define the structure, actions and interactions of the scenarios defined for an element such as a Use Case. These scenarios can be the main (basic) path, alternate paths or exception paths.
When you open the Scenarios View it defaults to the basic path so that if it does not already exist, you can create it. You can create alternate paths and exception paths by adding them to steps of the basic path.
Within the Scenarios View you can:
- Construct the scenario step-by step, or
- Import a text file that describes a scenario, or
- Generate a scenario from an Activity diagram that was itself generated from a scenario (thus regenerating the scenario or importing it from another element)
On a diagram or in the Browser window, click on the element and:
Start > Desktop > Design > Scenario Editor
Browser window > Element | Scenarios | New Scenario > Scenario View
Browser window > Element > Scenarios | right-click on existing scenario | Structured Scenario Editor
> Scenario Editor
On the 'Scenarios' tab of the Responsibilities window, click on the against a scenario (see the Scenarios Tab - Responsibilities Window Help topic)
On the 'Scenarios' tab of the element 'Properties' dialog, click on the (see the Scenarios Tab - Properties Dialog Help topic)
In the 'Scenario' field, type the name of the basic path of the scenario.
To familiarize yourself with the facilities of the Scenarios View, start with the Scenarios View Toolbar Help topic.
If you want to:
- Construct the scenario step-by step, see the Set Up a Scenario Specification Help topic
- Complete the scenario based on an imported text file, see the Import a Scenario File Help topic
- Generate a scenario from an Activity diagram created from a scenario, see the Generate Scenario from Activity Diagram Help topic
- Scenarios Tab - Responsibilities Window
- Scenarios Tab - Properties Dialog
- Import a Scenario File
- Scenarios View Toolbar
- Set Up Scenario Specification
- Generate Diagrams
- Generate Scenario from Activity diagram
- Generate Test Cases
- Context References Tab
- Scenario Constraints Tab
- ScenarioStep Class