Synchronize Structural Elements - Activity Diagram
If you have already defined the Action Pins and/or Activity Parameters of a SysML Activity element, you can automatically display them on the element's child Activity diagram using a simple context-menu option on the child diagram.
On an existing SysML Activity diagram, such as this one:
- Drag from the SysML Activities page of the Diagram Toolbox the Action Pin and/or Parameter icons, and assign the required types to the generated elements during that process.
- Right-click and select 'New Child Diagram | 'Activity Diagram'. Add the appropriate Action element(s) to the diagram.
- On the new diagram, external to the diagram frame, right-click and select the 'Synchronize Structural Elements' option.
These elements are added to the Activity diagram, as linked elements within the diagram frame:
- Each structural element (such as Activity Parameters) owned by the Activity element
- Properties defined by existing Association connectors on the Activity element
- Edge mounted Activity Pins for the Activity