Author Topic: XML Import  (Read 2048 times)

Darren Lock

• EA User
    • View Profile
XML Import
« on: January 03, 2002, 08:06:24 am »
This is a repost from the old forum :o

I have an EAP with all our common requirements modelled in detail.

I have a number of seperate EAPs (the build & delivery projects) that import the common requirements via a controlled package. However, when importing, the original package is deleted thus removing the realisation links between diagrams and the requirements. Is there anyway of refreshing the requirements in the delivery projects without loosing the diagram links?
Darren Lock
United Kingdom

gsparks

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
    • View Profile
Re: XML Import
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2002, 03:32:31 am »
Hi Darren,

What Build# of EA are you using (see Help/About) - I remember this being a problem some time back but thought it had been fixed - although I may not be understanding the problem fully.

The current release of EA is Build 429.

I marked a package containing requirements as controlled, linked the requirements to Use Cases etc. in other packages, then saved and reloaded the package - all the Realisation links were restored OK. But I may not be doing exactly what you are -

Geoff Sparks

Darren Lock

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 05:15:41 am »
Sorry Geoff, I meant to say Build 429.

Basically, having created a hierarchy of packages with a number of Requirements in I set the topmost package under package control and save it.

From the other two projects I import the packages from the XML. From within those projects I drag the Requirement elements onto Use case diagrams which are located in other packages (i.e. not those imported)

Darren Lock

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 06:26:51 am »
Geoff,

I'm assuming this happens because the package is deleted first as part of the import and that some sort of referential integrity is deleting the now broken links between the diagram and Requirement elements that no longer exist until the import completes :-/
Darren Lock
United Kingdom