Author Topic: Favorites and Association Class  (Read 1703 times)

ronnie

• EA User
    • View Profile
Favorites and Association Class
« on: August 13, 2002, 04:04:43 pm »
Just got build 502...

Looking for the 'Add to Favorites' menu option, but can't find it. Anyone found it?

Also just noticed that after linking a class to an association, there seems to be no way of breaking the link. The link doesn't appear in the classes links and the link isn't selectable etc.

The only way to do it is to delete the original link between the two classes which also deletes the class that was linked - a little annoying if you happened to get the link wrong and wanted to change it (Undo doesn't do it either).

Ronnie
Ronnie

Marek Brezina

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Favorites and Association Class
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2002, 11:41:40 pm »
I have similar problem with association classes.

The link doesn't appear in the classes links and sometimes is also invisible (dotted line), so I do not know what link is associated to and the assotiation class appears as not linked to any association. I can not delete it because I have to delete original link, but I do not know it.

Marek

sparks

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 06:32:13 am »
Hello,

To answer Ronnie's first question about favorites, we have just uploaded a zip file that contains only the EXE of build 503 which includes the missing menu item.  The filename is EA_Build503.zip and it in the same directory as the full version of EA (this file is only available to registered users at the moment).

As for the second point, the 'Unlink' ability of a Association Class has been overlooked, we have made a note of this fact and we should include this ability in the next week or two.  In the mean time the only solution that is available is to delete the main association (which will also delete the class), which is or course less than ideal.  We apologise for this inconvenience.

Paul Mathers
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 06:33:23 am by sparks »

Marek Brezina

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2002, 03:11:27 am »
Bug report
The dotted line that links association class to association doesn´t appear when you drag the association class to another diagram, afterwards in the header of this ass_class is only "class : name" instead of "association class : name". The class now looks like standard class not linked to association, but deleting original association deletes also class.