Author Topic: Suggestion: Note blobs  (Read 1026 times)

sargasso

• EA Practitioner
  • 10 COMFROM 30; 20 HALT; 30 ONSUB(50,90,10)
    • View Profile
Suggestion: Note blobs
« on: October 25, 2006, 03:40:12 am »
This relates to several other threads arounf the place, but here's my twist.

Occassionaly, I want to add a "reference marker" in a diagram that refers to a note in some textual description somewhere.  For example, I just want to add a circle with "A" or "B" or summat next to a link.  The diagram text would have a statement of the ilk " ... at point A,  the friggit is wungled"  or something.

Now the twist.  I have been using UML note elements to do this but I also want to add some pertinent information to the note itself that will appear in the generated documentation.  Like, for "B" I want to add "reef the fiber cable physically out of the socket" or "inject 600-700 64K ping packets" or "intercept and corrupt the TCP stream"  (Yes, Virginia we are doing system tests).

Can I shapescript note elements somehow to do this?  Or can we have a (albeit) non UML annotation element please?

bruce
"It is not so expressed, but what of that?
'Twere good you do so much for charity."

Oh I forgot, we aren't doing him are we.

«Midnight»

• EA Guru
  • That nice Mister Grey
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Note blobs
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:48:51 am »
Yes, I add my vote to this.

Non-UML it might be, but so are so many shape scripts. Sparx has done something (distantly) related to this for notes in BPML, so why not here?
No, you can't have it!

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Note blobs
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:33:14 am »
Yes, I add my vote to this.

Non-UML it might be, but so are so many shape scripts. Sparx has done something (distantly) related to this for notes in BPML, so why not here?
Consistency, Consistency, Consistency! TM

Gets my vote...

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!