Author Topic: UML sequence diagram with not standard duration time constrains  (Read 2278 times)

lazureus

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Hello,

I was wonder does EA in version 8 has possibility to create duration time constrains between messages like on the picture which I've attached. This picture hasn't been done directly in EA but I've edited it to achieve what I wanted. Here is the image:

Cheers,
lazureus

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: UML sequence diagram with not standard duration time constrains
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 12:48:35 am »
You can use the timing constraint (4th field in the Timing Details). That would appear on the callee's side. The time line on the left can not be created. You might use a note or a boundary that shows the timing alternatively.

q.

lazureus

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 01:01:33 am »
4th field in the Timing Details won't be a good solution if I want to use this message sequences in the loop. Note would be more helpful but not the best as well. Is there anyway just to draw some dimension as this manually in the EA without involving paint ?

Cheers
lazureus

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 03:13:26 am »
Not really. The whiteboard profile has something that might work (just at a guess). You can also include images you create externally. UML diagrams are no PPT, so it's not too bad that this is limited.

q.

Simon M

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 08:31:25 am »
The first field (Duration Constraint) in the Timing Details dialog allows entry of the text where you have 10ms, and also makes the message drawn with a diagonal.

The remaining label for 1000ms and the bar on the the left side, it appears to be a duration constraint. It's drawn on the lifeline for the source of the message it's added to. However, unlike your picture it includes the request time, not the response time. I don't know the sequence diagram portion of the specification well enough to comment on this difference.
Simon

support@sparxsystems.com